At the Encore Theatre Company, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to our web site. In particular, we want you to know that we do not share emails or other information with any other organisations or companies. In this Privacy Notice, we’ve provided information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, and how we keep it secure.
Who we are?
The Ǝncore Theatre Company is an inclusive and innovative over 60’s theatre company currently based at London South Bank University. Our registered office is 40 Bloomsbury Way, London, WC1A 2SE. Data protection is handled by our Company Secretary Keiron Spires, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
When someone visits encoretheatrecompany.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our monthly newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a number of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing email@example.com.
How do we use personal information?
Personal data collected via the website is used in a number of specific ways:
- Analysis of visitor behaviour on the website is used in the ongoing development of our website and online communications.
- Data collected via our contact form is only used to enable us to respond. Your email is not used for other purposes, and once the response and any subsequent exchange is completed, your email is deleted from our records.
- Data collected when you subscribe to the newsletter is only used to send out the newsletter. We do not use our mailing list for any other purpose without obtaining explicit consent to do so.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data
We only process personal data as described above for the management of communication, and the administration of the newsletter, and only with your explicit consent.
When do we share personal data?
We do not share your personal data with other organisations or companies.
Where do we store and process personal data?
We store emails on our own server in the UK, and newsletter details are stored on the MailChimp server. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
How do we secure personal data?
Access to the emails obtained via the contact form is restricted to the Company Secretary and the Director dealing with the response. The mailbox is on a secure UK-based server.
Personal data used for the administration of the newsletter is secured by MailChimp. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Emails obtained via our contact form are retained until the completion of the exchange generated by the contact. At the end of the exchange a summary of the conversation is retained for audit purposes, but the email address is deleted from our records.
Personal data used for the administration of the newsletter is held until such time as a person unsubscribes.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the contact details in this form.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. You can write to us at the address shown to request a copy of the information we hold.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Any such request would be reviewed and where no overriding legal requirement or justification exists for retaining your data we would comply with your request.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data. This may arise if you have queried the processing of your data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes e.g. marketing.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to contact us?
You can contact us by writing to us at 40 Bloomsbury Way, London, WC1A 2SE. Data protection is handled by our Company Secretary Keiron Spires, who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.